Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Day of TBI...

Did anyone catch the license plate on that truck...? Wow, can't believe it's only day one and I feel this lousy. I'm really hoping tomorrow is better because I don't know how I'm going to do 3 more days of this... My head feels like it's going to explode and I'm really nautious (although I just took a compazine and attivan and feeling a little better). The combination of Palfermin and TBI has caused my cheeks and jaw to blow up like a balloon. Thank God I have a girlfriend! (thanks for making me feel better babe)

The actual process of radiation isn't really that bad though. In fact, I'm only in there for 12 minutes (two 3 minute sessions facing front and 2 facing back). For the afternoon session while facing front, I closed my eyes and played 9 holes at one of my favorite golf courses in Michigan, The Orchards (front 9). I was afraid I was going to puke so I needed to keep my mind occupied. I was 7 under making the turn...:-) When my back was to the machine, I got to look at a Where's Waldo poster to pass the time. Amazing all the detail that guy puts into those drawings! I finally found Waldo after about two minutes into my morning session so I got bored of that pretty quick. Hoping they change it tomorrow...

Picked up my Mom at the airport tonight which is nice. I feel bad for her as her flight was delayed for an hour and they were stuck on the tarmack when she arrived in Seattle for at least an hour. It took another hour or more for her luggage to arrive, crazy... We've been hit here in Seattle with some serious winter weather (reminds me of home) that's wreaking havoc on commuters. It's really hilly here and I've gotten stuck a few times now trying to drive up hills (and I've got all wheel drive). When it happens, I've got to carefully cut my wheel, let the car roll back, put it in drive and let the front slide around 180 degrees so I can go back down. I couldn't go back to my place tonight because my apartment is at the bottom of a hill. Getting down is no problem, coming back up is another story. Don't want to risk it with my first appointment at 7 a.m. So, Mom gets to sleep on Jackie's couch tonight to add to the drama... I don't think it's a big deal as I think she'll sleep like a baby after a full day of travelling from Michigan.

That's pretty much it for now. The fun is just beginning...

No comments: