Thursday, July 5, 2012

Good News!

Just got off the phone with Dr Ram and I guess my CT scan looked good :D He mentioned my tumors look even smaller which is shocking considering I still have major back pain and this pleural rub (even though it's getting better). Anyway, I will gladly take the news and go back to living my life without this looming over my head, what a relief...

He did mention that he wants me to go to a pulmonologist to get my lungs checked out. Apparently, the CT shows scarring in there and he's worried that one of them may collapse if I'm not careful. I do breathing exercises (when I remember to do them) and will do even more now that I know this news.

Hopefully I won't have to think about this stuff for a long time. At least until the summer is over ;)

Have a good one!

Chris

8 comments:

naw said...

hooray!!!!! great news!!!

naw said...

Hooray!!! that is such great news!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got good news! I hope you start feeling better mentally as well. Keep on being your awesome self! Good luck with the pulmonologist!

Loraine Ritchey said...

Chris , please please wach those lungs - although they put it down to H1N1 with my Chris - ( which was advantageous to some) I have done the research and Chris's lungs turned to concrete ( the one tech told me they were like leather ) please keep a check on this don't dismiss it like they did in Houston and Cleveland Acute Pulmonary Toxcity is a very real danger and you must be on your guard....

http://thatwoman.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/concrete-in-the-lungs-june-3rd-chris-ritchey/

Donna said...

Happy to hear it's good news!!! Now you can relax and enjoy the summer!!
Life is Good!!
Donna

Gail said...

Chris

Dropping by with a friendly reminder to do your breathing exercises ---- while you are enjoying the wonderful summer!

Gail

Unknown said...

Hi Chris,
Glad to find you alive & kicking & making progress. I was able to get into remission after 2 years of hopping from clinical trial to trial for a rare T-cell lymphoma. You know how that works!

I was the first patient at SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) to receive SGN35 along with Hodgkins patients. It saved my life but quit working after a couple of months. I got kicked off the trial... Anyway the last one was supposed to hold me over until my onc could find something that might work and my health insurance would approve. His first choice Group Health refused. So I went onto one that was supposed to put me in a holding pattern, I think Praelatrexa
te. A miracle!! I was one of 1-2% of people that ever went into remission on that drug.

I was rushed thru an allogenic stem cell transplant in Jan 2011. I'm still here today. Just battling GvHD (graft vs host disease). Pretty serious: hospitalized 6+ weeks but survived. Living on hi doses of prednisone and nasty side effects, but alive & kicking too.

Think of you often. Praying regularly for you too. Take care,
Kathy Hobbs

Unknown said...

PS: I'm finding your blog a little cumbersome to post to. Might want to ease up a little. Do u really have robots trying to post?

Anyway, care about you and praying for God's best.