Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 7, slow moving...

Well, just a quick update, it's day 7 and I am now officially neutropenic. That is, my white blood cells and neutrophils are at zero. What this means; I have absolutely no immune system whatsoever and totally susceptable to any germs, bugs, viruses, etc. So far, I'm bucking the trend according to Dr. Press who says that 19 out of 20 patients land in the hospital with a fever at some point during this protocol. I really hope I'm the one person out of the 20 (I really don't want to go this time) but realize it's still a strong possibility.

As for everything else, I'm just taking it easy obviously... My Dad is still here and we both enjoyed some awesome Chili (not my dog) Jackie made yesterday! She actually got the recipe from Barack Obama online (hope her Dad doesn't find out ;). It had the perfect amount of fire, two kinds of beans (kidney and black) fresh green peppers, onions, garlic, yada yada yada... I had my second bowl for lunch today, ohhh yeaahhh! Hopefully this batch will give me some energy as I'm really dragging ass right now...

More news to come as it happens...

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds like you're doing great, Chris - hang on in there - round ones's nearly done!!........thinking of you......Vx

Rob said...

Great to read the latest update, hopefully you will be able to avoid a trip to the hospital during this first go 'roung. Thought you had headed to Korea when I was reading about the Chili until I saw the clarification. Sounds like it was really good, you are whetting my appetite. Stay strong and we'll keep up the prayer circle on our end.
Rob

Duane said...

Seems like you breezing through, Chris. Congrats on your re-birthday! I'll be checking in more often.

Wishing u all the best!!