Thursday, November 20, 2008

See Ya Dad! Day 10


So, just arrived at the clinic after dropping my Dad off at the airport. I think he's leaving at the right time as it seems like the rainy season is finally arriving here (although it's supposed to be nice this weekend ;). It was nice having him here for support and comfort. Also nice to have someone to watch all of my sports with! It ran the gamet of Michigan sports with the Wolverines (sucked), Lions (sucked), Pistons (awesome) and Wings (awesome)! We also had a chance to do some BBQing and of course wrestling with my crazy dog chili. I'll miss you Dad!

As for me, I'm here at the clinic waiting for some platelets to arrive as I need an infusion (my platelets are 11 yikes!). I'm also on the borderline for red blood cells but I think I'm going to wait on them as my Hematocrit has been trending up. We'll see how it looks tomorrow and go from there. Otherwise, everything is going well I think. So far, no fevers (knock on wood) and very little nausea and G.I. problems. Well, I guess I have been having some G.I. problems but just pretend they're from eating White Castles (man, I miss that out here!). Reminds me of Harold and Kumar... if you haven't rented it, it's pretty funny (silly funny). And I digress....

So for now it's life back to normal (relatively speaking) until my next transplant (barring any catastrophe's). My Mom is due to arrive on Dec 6th and will be staying through the holidays (bless her heart!). Speaking of holidays, I received a phone call the other day from volunteer services here at SCCA letting me know that I was selected to receive a free Thanksgiving dinner! I just have to come pick it up next Tuesday (it'll be frozen). They told me they have a turkey, ham, veggies, potatoes and possibly desert in there with other odds and ends! I think we'll wait to prepare it however as it'll be just Jackie and I next Thursday and she's a vegetarian. Can't see myself eating a whole turkey and ham by myself ;).

That's pretty much it for now. I'll probably update this weekend. Hopefully I won't be neutropenic by then. Jackie's birthday is this Sunday and I'd love to take her out to dinner... We'll see-

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow - a FREE Thanksgiving dinner - congrats!! Hope it's as good as it sounds!

Love the photo of you and your dad - he looks like one proud man standing there with his son!

You sound in great spirits - keep it up........Vx

Austin said...

Just stopping by... I'm glad to see your treatment moving smoothly!

Mmm... White Castle.

Take Care!