Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Re Connected

Just a quick update... Been down in rainy but warm Florida and finally got hooked up with internet access and cable today. It was starting to get weird in here with nothing but my phone and Chili to entertain me! Been keeping busy working around the place and actually started painting tonight. I like this place so much better than the other, I think the fire was actually a blessing!



The Bucky Dent Baseball School is right behind where I live, Chili was bugging me to sign her up ;)



She said she wants to pitch!



Couldn't resist, I told you I was bored!

So, my Mom has started her treatment and is handling it ok so far except for some GI issues. I'm worried about my sister though as I guess she had a grand mal seizure yesterday that really shook everyone. I don't know if any of you have ever experienced someone having a really bad seizure but it's one of the scarier things you'll ever witness. My sister is really brave to have dealt with these awful things for so many years, I wish there was a way she could prevent them from happening... She's tried every drug out there and has gone through so many tests... There's got to be something out there for her, ugh...

I'm really hoping I can get this place together fast so I can have everyone down for a visit and some sunshine this winter. It's hard enough to get through one (Michigan winter) but you throw in all the crap my Mom, Rich and my sister are dealing with and I think they could use some R and R down here in South Florida :)

Hopefully the weather improves here in the next few days. It's been nice and warm but mostly been cloudy and rainy. I don't feel as bad sleeping a lot after doing the work (it wears me out still) not to mention being inside in general. With this drug I'm taking (RAD001) I don't feel as compelled to be in the sun as the skin on my face has been doing some strange things. I get these major boils on my neck and crazy blemishes on my face. I've also been dealing with these weird puffy patches of skin under my eyes with these little dots. I don't know, this drug is working to keep the disease away (at last check) but I wonder what other kind of havoc is it wreaking on my normal bodily functions...

I hope this blog hasn't become depressing to read by the way... I just realized that I haven't been very happy go lucky on here for quite a while. In fact, I think I've been in kind of a funk in general for a while. I think the my family's burdens are weighing on me and it's hard to go out and enjoy myself lately. I did get out this last Saturday and had a great time at a concert in West Boca, at the Sunset Cove Amphitheater. My Morning Jacket was the band and they were really good.



It was a full moon that night and it was shining just above the stage!

I think when the sun does decide to stay out a while here, and when we hopefully get some good news regarding my Mom's treatment working things are going to get better.

In the meantime, I have to remember that the meantime is the most important time and do my best to enjoy it! Not sure if you'll find that saying in any Buddhism books but you get my drift ;)

Thanks again for reading,

Chris

2 comments:

ConundrumChum said...

Sorry your family is struggling with all these medical issues. It really wears you down. I am happy to chat with your mom anytime about breast cancer. I keep a caringbridge page, visit Tonik.(include the .) I can also give you my email if she wants it. I am getting ready to go back on Tykerb and Xeloda. I have never seen a seizure, but hear it is terrible. I hope she is feeling better.

Happy Holidays!

Donna said...

Chris,
Your blog is not depressing and you are entitled to be in a funk here and there. I think it is good you vent your thoughts and problems in your blog...sometimes it is better to get it out then hold it all inside. Your blog is very inspiring...and I think you do live life to the fullest!! You have had many hurdles along the way and it must be so hard to see your entire family enduring their own health issues. Stay Strong and enjoy your time in Florida...I am jealous it is very cold here in Massachusetts!!
Life is Good!!!
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...sending positive thoughts to you all.
Donna