Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, the new year came in without much of a bang for me which is ok... Just ended up staying in and didn't mind a bit, I must be getting old, ha!

I just wanted to say that I'm really excited about this upcoming year as I think some big changes are on the horizon. I'm much more settled than I was this time last year and think I'm ready.

I'm also looking forward to a better year for my family, specifically Rich and my Mom. Thankfully, my Mom switched doctors and hope that she's going to get more competent care and this breast cancer recurrence is just another bump in the road.

I have so many things to be thankful for; I just want to get back to being content and happy as I think I lost my focus of living in the moment and enjoying it. When Rich and my Mom were diagnosed, everything kinda flashed in front of me again and it brought back a lot of bad memories. There aren't too many things that can rock your world as much as a cancer diagnosis, that's for sure.

2011 was difficult in losing so many friends. My old friend Lee McPherson who was diagnosed with brain cancer a week apart from my diagnosis, Kirsten out in Vancouver who I met while living in Seattle and most recently, Mike Reed who I kept in touch with through emails. Can't forget my cousin Rodney who was the best man at my parents' wedding... There are others who have touched my life like Andy Keely and Mike from St. Clair Shores who will also be missed. I know I'm forgetting some folks and wish my memory could serve me better right now...

All of these heroes inspire me to live the fullest life I can live. There are still so many things that I want to experience while I'm relatively healthy...

Here's to a great 2012 to you and your family!

Chris

1 comment:

Jen Berry said...

Hi Chris.

You actually brought us hope with your comment on facebook regarding Helen Heslop. I would love to speak you to regarding your history and the Heslop trial. My husband is on Everlimous at the moment, post failed auto SCT.

I love to hear that you're "excited about the upcoming year". It gives me hope.

Thanks