Friday, March 16, 2012

Back to somewhat normal


Well, good news for now, Rich is out of the hospital and seems to have a game plan with his doctors. He and they think it's a problem with his pacemaker so hopefully Medtronics can get it right.

As for me, I've just been enjoying life down here in Soflo while continuing to work on my place. I've had a couple of visitors from up north which was fun. Had a chance to drive up to Lakeland again with my buddy Todd to see the Tigers at Joker Marchant Stadium. It was fun but a pretty long day with an almost 4 hour drive each way! It was pretty crazy coming back, had the top down rolling along when all of the sudden we drove into a massive rainstorm (while the top was still down!). It was pretty weird as the rain really didn't hit us until we slowed down or stopped. If I was a physics major I'd probably be able to explain why the rain didn't hit us while moving or you can google it if you'd like but have to say it's pretty neat driving through the pouring rain in open air and not getting wet ;) The next scene was pretty scary though... The rain had stopped and having a chance to get a grip on practicality, I decided to pull over and put the top up. After getting back on the road and driving around 65, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a blackish looking cloud behind me and what looked like a funnel cloud coming down from the sky. It wasn't completely connected with the ground but was swirling around. At first, it didn't register as I think I was still recovering from the driving through the heavy downpour incident. About 5 seconds went by and I looked back again and this time yelled over to my buddy and he saw the same thing I did. By now, the reality had set in and I started to freak out having visions of this tornado coming up on us and ripping us right out of the car! I mean, those things travel over 100 miles an hour right?! I asked Todd what we should do and his response was "find a ditch", I nervously proceeded to laugh my ass off... Luckily, the GPS told me to make a turn and when I did, looked in my rear view mirror and the storm was now going the other way and it was clear behind us, whew...

After taking the next day to recover, had a chance to see my good friend Bekah and her crew, Katie, Melissa and Karen who are all sweethearts. We went out on Atlantic for dinner and some drinks/live music after and it was pretty neat as there was a cycling race happening on Atlantic Ave. They closed off the street and made a loop, maybe a mile not sure but those bikes were whizzing by at some pretty high speeds. They were bunched up pretty tight too so when they rode by, you would feel the breeze so to speak... I didn't see it but there was a crash where some guy got jacked up pretty bad, I don't know how I missed that. Anyway, it was a fun night and glad to see my fellow Hodge warrior Bekah :)

So, I guess the annual Delray Beach St. Paddys parade is happening tomorrow. Gonna be a zillion people packed in, but it's a blast and you have to see a parade on St. Paddys right?! I missed the parade last week in Detroit in Corktown but judging by all the pictures on Facebook and knowing it was a nice day, I wish I could've been there, it's been a while since I've been to the parade on Michigan Ave.

So, that's about all I have time to write about for now. Going back to refinishing my cabinets. Bought this kit made by Rust Oleum called Cabinet Transformations and so far, it looks pretty good. I already used the countertop kit which turned out ok and if this works, I'll have a new kitchen for around $350, not bad.

I have my PET/CT coming up on April 5th. If all goes well, it'll be my one year aniversary on RAD001 or Everolimus. Feeling pretty well still, taking it 4-5 hours at a time mostly. I've figured that this is the amount of productive time I can have before getting tired and having to lay down or relax. Think I'll put off the cabinets for a bit and go out by the pool and do just that, it's such a beautiful day :)

Happy St. Paddy's!

Chris

2 comments:

ConundrumChum said...

I am glad things are going well for all.

Chris said...

Thank you! Finally figured out how ti reply to comments :)