Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cheers!

Here's to back to normal size feet! Going to see my buddy Derek (who I've known since high school) to crack my neck back into place (hopefully). From there, looking forward to smooth sailing and enjoying the rest of August and into what I hope is a great Indian Summer. Truly blessed!

Prayers and positive vibes out to my sister who admitted to the hospital today for a battery of tests on her brain (with 28 leads attached to her head and wrapped up which can't be comfortable). She's off her seizure medicine and they need to record 3 seizures to find out where they're coming from in her brain. She's epileptic because of the scar tissue left behind from surviving brain cancer when she was 19.

The next step is to operate and remove these portions without harming the functioning parts, amazing how they're able to accomplish this. She had this procedure done over 10 years ago and it didn't yield the best outcome. We're hoping with the advances they've made in this field over the years, this time around she can go back to life seizure free which would be the greatest gift ever. The surgeon assured my Mom that he has a high 90's success rate so that's somewhat comforting. Saw her in the hospital today and her attitude is awesome. I always knew my sister was tough but this just reminded me and I couldn't me more proud of her for her courage and desire to try and take her life back. I guess I can say Nicole set the standard of courage in our family when it comes to dealing with cancer (since she was the first one of us to go through it, my Mom next then me, crazy...). One thing I admire about Nicole is her calmness through things like this. Me, I'd be obsessing with research, talking with multiple doctors, joining forums, etc..., Nicole is just at peace with where she is and just trusts that everything is going to be ok. She's definitely a warrior...


Nicole and I celebrating her 40th at the Beach Grill in St. Clair Shores MI

Looking forward to reporting some good news hopefully by the end of the week.

I also want to give my take on the election now that both tickets are complete. This one's going to be a crazy (already is).

Thanks again for reading,

Chris

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi!
Glad your feet are better. Hope you can enjoy the rest of these beautiful summer days!!
Sending positive thoughts to your sister that all goes well.
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Stay Strong!!
Donna