Thursday, November 6, 2014

Round 3 Nivolumab, so far so good!

Well, I had my third infusion on Monday and I continue to feel relatively well happy to say!  This is by far the easiest drug I've been on since I started this crazy journey.  Looking back at the other trials I was on and the side effects I dealt with, makes me really appreciate this "break".  I have 5 times the amount of energy than I used to have and my back is only nagging now instead of debilitating.  Feel so blessed!  Whoever invented this drug, I wish I could shake his or her (or both) hands or better yet, give them a big bear hug! 

I don't want to get overly excited though as I know how fast things can change...  My plan is just to continue to enjoy life surrounded by people who care and understand.   I also have to prepare to take on a Michigan winter a little more this year as I have to be here every other week for infusions which typically take about 5 hours from start to finish.  A small price to pay for life and I'll gladly do it if I can continue to feel like this.  I've even started a part time job driving for Uber.com to help pay for my inevitable higher airfare expense down to Florida which isn't a big deal as its kinda fun!  I've already met some interesting people and it's pretty easy money...  I keep getting texts from them to go to east Lansing this weekend for the big game (MSU vs OSU).  Haven't decided if I'm going to do it yet but they're guaranteeing minimum $30 an hour which isn't too shabby for easy part time work...

I also want to start up an old hobby that I used to love, aquariums.  I used to have some killer tanks years ago both freshwater and salt water.  I'm gonna do cichlids here in Michigan and natural tank in Florida (gonna go snorkeling to collect my own fish/creatures/rock).  Can't wait to get that going, just need a couple of tanks now!

Anyway, thanks again  for keeping up with me to whomever still reads this.  Hopefully someone who has been diagnosed with refractory or incurable cancer stumbles across this and is given hope that you still can have a relatively decent life living with cancer.  It's not always rosy but with perseverance and a little luck, it is possible.  The key is to try and enjoy it (feeling relatively well) while it lasts.

God Bless,

Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Chris! Like i said a few posts back i just made over a year on the same trial. Cool t-shirt by the way, is that Sitting Bull? Anyway, continued success and look forward to more posts...