Monday, June 30, 2008

My first post

Hey Everyone, so here's my first stab at a blog... Big thanks to my buddy Eric for getting me started. I'm gearing up for my first chemo tomorrow leading up to my tandem stem cell transplant (I know, sounds scary). I'll be taking an experimental chemo drug called Verinostat which is supposed to help the chemo work by unravelling the DNA of the cancer cells and making them more susceptable to the chemo. I think I'm the first one with Hodgkins to try this drug so needless to say it's a little scary. The doc's all think it's a good idea so I'm all for it. They assured me it couldn't hurt so I've got nothing to lose (I hope!). Maybe when they see how it works for me it'll help someone else out down the road.

As for my state of mind, I think I'm finally at peace with the situation and ready to go back to war. The first time around was too easy I think and now I need to get down and dirty to get rid of the evil Hodge. More to come...

No comments: