Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 18, still waiting...


I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! Jackie and I had a nice non-traditional dinner here at my place (by the way, the pic is of a sunset from my deck a couple of nights ago). I burnt a steak on the BBQ and Jackie had some dry tofu! Oh, well, the side dishes were good and we had some awesome desert. Look forward to next year where we can do the turkey and all the trimmings with family :-P

A quick update on my situation... I'm still waiting for my neutrophils to get to the magic number of .5. Right now I'm at .26 so I'm halfway home I guess. One bit of good news is my LDH level has gone down (thank God!) to 200. So, it looks like Claudia (my P.A.) was right regarding engraftment and elevated LDH levels. I'll look forward to this going down more to normal levels in a few days.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving - Kelly was telling me the other night about the chaos of post-Thanksgiving sales - didn't think they sounded good enough to die for! I mean, things can get crazy here in the UK - we queue for hours and hours, but being British that's as exciting as it gets, thankfully! What a way to go :(

Photo is fab, by the way :).......Vx

Rob said...

So glad your numbers are heading in the right direction and you are staying out of the hospital with any type of infection to date. Wish I could have been there to grill for you on T-giving, we did dinner for 14 and it was crazy, but no one came away with food poisoning (so a success overall). Hoping you get the best gift ever this Christmas...a totally rebuilt immune system and cancer free. All our love: Rob, Christy, Nicole and Julia