Monday, March 2, 2009


So I met with my P.A. in person today and she told me to embrace the good news! The other stuff regarding the assymetrical uptake in my brain we're going to wait on which is fine by me. She says it could be a number of different things and we'll check it again in 3 months when I have a follow up CT scan.

What now?! This is all so surreal that I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to act. You get so used to contstantly having the anxiety of present disease, the doctor visits, etc... I mean I've been sick for 15 straight months! How will I cope!? I'm pretty sure I've got some post traumatic stress disorder issues going on...

On a positive note, I'm so unbelievably relieved! It's going to take a little while to sink in I think. It's weird to have the monkey off my back... There's a part of me that can't get too happy because I'm one dirty scan from going back to where I was, in treatment. It's a scary proposition to say the least. For now though, I'm going to do my best to focus on this new cancer free life and do everything I can do to make it last!

Suck It Cancer!

5 comments:

Heather said...

congrats on your good news! while i haven't been in your shoes with lymphoma, i battled it once...i can say that it IS a strange feeling of "what now"? and scan time? always a horror. but my advice, like you said already...is enjoy life especially in between those scans!

Veronica said...

Hey Chris.....you said it brilliantly. After battling for so long, it's like having the rug pulled from under you - Wullie described it as a weird anti-climax. Post Traumatic Stress.....yup, there must be an element of that - but with your amazing attitude and positive outlook I don't doubt that you will, when you feel ready, grab life by the horns and live it to the max........enjoy it!!
:0)......Vx

Kirsten (not Kristen) said...

Hi Chris,

I was away and didn't get word of your news until now, but you have definitely been in our thoughts (though my fingers and toes were starting to cramp from all the crossing) :)

I was so pleased for you to come back to this news. I wish there were no niggling factors but, I say, hold on to what's useful and discard the rest. Actually, my mom says that, but I like the quote.

Here's to your strength and forever NED,
:)Kirsten

B. said...

Helllllo Beautiful,

I apologize that I haven't gotten to comment yet, but please know I've been smiling WIDE since your news was released.

You have EARNED this, and your positive attitude and thoughts, have been amazing to watch throughout your entire treatment. Whether you want to believe it or not, so many people take away, hope and promise from your words.

And of course that proof that there is and can be NED for even the most stubborn disease out there.

Celebrate and EMBRACE this moment. But also, recognize the battle that you've just been through. The important thing is to be aware of your feelings -- whether they be positive or negative, and be SO PROUD of yourself.

You did it.
You did it.
You did it. :)

Give my love to Jackie, and all of your family.

I hope and pray, that you continue to dance with NED, for the rest of your life...

If anything, it's all so beautiful to watch.

Sending peace and love and smiles,
your way,

B

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I am so thrilled to hear your wonderful news! I really admire your great attitude and determination. I know what you mean about PTS and what now? I guess we will all find our way at some point. I imagine it will take some time to adjust to the new normal. Go out there and enjoy life! Maureen