Sunday, June 21, 2009

What Are You Waiting For?


"The French have a song called"Qu'est-ce qu'on Attend Pour Etre Heureux"? (What are you waiting for to be happy?). When I practice breathing in and I say, "I have arrived," that is an acheivement. Now I am fully present, one hundred percent alive. The present moment has become my true home.

When I breathe out I say, "I am home." If you do not feel you are home, you will continue to run. And you will continue to be afraid. But if you feel you are already home, then you do not need to run anymore. This is the secret of the practice. When we live in the present moment, it is possible to live in true happiness."

Thich Nhat Hanh, "no death, no fear"

1 comment:

Kathy McPherson said...

Hi Chris - I am Kathy McPherson, Lee's mom and I just wanted to let you know that I am out here reading your blog. Lee has been telling me about you for quite a while now and you've been in my prayers. I was so happy to read about your travels and am even happier to read that you are with your family and connecting with friends right now - I like reading about my home state of Michigan! May you and your family be surrounded in continued strength and peace.