Sunday, June 14, 2009

Karmanos

So, I found out Karmanos Cancer Center here in the D is participating in the SGN-35 trial! From here, I need to get registered, get my records sent over from SCCA, and go through the tests (i.e. PET scan and bone marrow biopsy). Hoping everything goes smoothly and no headaches...

I'm still holding out an ever so small hope that the PET scan will come up clean and this is all just a cruel joke! Realistically, I know this isn't going to happen but it doesn't hurt to dream right!

It's comforting to be home here with my family during this... Even though I'm down, it's nice not to be isolated like we've been out in Seattle during this whole mess. Looks like I'll be flying out there one more time on June 30th to get my stuff out of storage and drive it back to Michigan where I'll be starting over (literally).

The most important thing right now is to try and keep everything in perspective and try not to look too far ahead. I feel relatively healthy (physically) and want to take advantage of it!

Time to make some big plans!

2 comments:

Les said...

Chris,

If there is anything you need, let me know.

Anonymous said...

That's great that the SGN trial is so close, even though I am hoping very much that the PET scan is negative. I am glad you feel healthy. You look great too! Wishing you the best as you settle into your new/old home. Maureen