Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Going Home!

Hopefully this will be the last update from my phone as they never did fix the Internet at the Hope Lodge... Sitting here at LaGuardia airport and just forced a breakfast sandwich down. I'm having some real difficulty with my appetite and have been prescribed Megase (sp?) to help stimulate it. If this doesn't work, they're going to prescribe me Marinol next time I go back. They say it works better than Megase but because of insurance issues they have to try the cheaper one first.

I'm cautiously optimistic but think the S@N might be doing something! I know it's only been a week but I can now watch tv while laying on my back! There's still a little discomfort there but not like before. I hope I don't jinx myself but just wanted to put some positive news out and hope it continues :)

I've figured out the best beverage to mix the Niacinamide pills and through trial and error orange juice is the winner! It seems the bitterness of the oj mixes with the nastiness of the N and makes it tolerable. This is of course after I grind down the 12 N pills into a powder with my coffee grinder! I had to make sure and clean the thing out well as the last thing I need is airport security questioning me why I have a mysterious white powder coating a coffee grinder!

So like I said, I'm excited to head back to SoFlo. It feels like I'm going on vacation or something, ha! Going out on my buddies' boat on Thursday as the fishing has been slamming lately. Dan and Mike's Dad was down last week and they got a Wahoo which is one of the most prized fish in the ocean both for prestige and eating. The things are huge and swim over 50mph! Needless to say, if we hook one, it'll take a team effort to get it in.

Anyway, getting close to boarding so I'll wind this up. I come back for another 8 days May 3rd then I have a couple weeks off!

The Journey Continues...

6 comments:

Kirsten (not Kristen) said...

Woohoo! Have a great "vacation," Chris! Here's to feeling better!

:)Kirsten

Loraine Richey said...

I am so glad Chris....there are a lot of people in this family who are pulling for you - even though we haven't met... we share.... enjoy the sunshine - Loraine

Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda said...

Sounds like good news Chris we will keep praying for that positive news. Hey if you do hook that fish take some good pics would love to see them . Have a safe trip home. Talk to ya soon. Love Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda

Gail said...

great news... enjoy the sunshine back SoFlo :) hope you are feeling better each day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!

I'm so glad you're feeling better and it was SO great to see you on Sunday! I'm glad you found a juice that works with your horse pills :) Have fun in FL and get some sun for us Seattlites! :)

Meghan

Hillary St. Pierre said...

Hey Chris, I'm Hill. I write Baldies Blog and I LOVE my marinol. I'm pretty confidant it's not that expensive. . . my be fun just to try :)