Friday, April 9, 2010

Gone Fishing!



Happy to say I was able to get out on the water for the first time in a while yesterday! Went out on the Sea Mist out of Boynton Beach and right off the bat were joined by a school of porpoise or dolphins. It was awesome! I have just enough strength in my hands where I was able to reel in my line and even managed to catch a small Yellowtail Snapper. My buddy caught a couple of nice Mutton's and had em for dinner tonight, delicious! I wore my braces out on the water but had to take em off as my feet felt like they were goig to explode. Don't know how much more I can wear those things... Also had to fight off sea sickness as the waves were 2-4' and I definately don't have my sea legs. Thank God I had a few leftover Compazines from chemo and think it saved me from hurling ;) Slowly, I'm starting to get my life back... I think I'm going to try and ride my bike downtown Delray tomorrow to check out a festival and then after hopefully go boogie boarding in the ocean. This is of course if my back is cooperating and I have some energy. Every day is different...

Progress is good!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

We'll take progress.......:0)

Your boat outing sounds idyllic.......apart from the sea-sickness :0/

Enjoy feeling stronger.....Vx