Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hangin in there...

This will be short due to the wireless being down for the last few days and having to update from my phone! Everything is going relatively smooth after the rough start. I've got some pretty annoying and uncomfortable GI issues and some fatigue but that's about it. Had a chance to get out and walk around the city and took the subway back to my room. For whatever reason, I really feel accomplished being able to figure out the NYC subway system. I've still a ways to go but it's kinda fun and a good way to learn the city.

Met up with my friends Dennis and Paullette last night in Hells Kitchen and we watched the Wings game. There were a couple of Detroit fans there besides us so that was cool. Also had a chance to hang out for a bit with fellow Hodge warrior Bekah as she was here for the SGN-35 trial at NYU as well.

Mostly though, I just hang out in my room and rest. I've got to get used to these stomach issues and know I will. I have no idea if the drugs are working yet as I can still feel the soreness in my back/spine.

I'm actually looking forward to going back "home" to Florida. I think I finally might be ready to get back out to the golf course and out fishing (and actually reeling in some big fish). Also looking forward to getting back into the pool and ocean. The city is great but think I prefer the sound of exotic birds over honking horns...

Anyway, that's it for now, hope alls well to whoever is reading this :o)

4 comments:

Uncle Tom & Auntie Linda said...

Chris we are always reading those great blogs you post, keep them coming Its good to see you up and about. we agree with you, we love the sounds of the the ocean and the birds over any car noise. Hawaii kinda spoiled us. Hope to hear from you soon. Keep smiling Love, Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda.

Veronica said...

Sooo glad you got to spend some time with B - we still cherish the short time we got to spend with her in Boston....<3
Glad to hear things are fairly positive - hoping it remains that way.......Vx

Anonymous said...

Stay Strong....always thinking of you!!! Keep us posted when you can.
Donna,
Boston

Rob said...

Nice to hear that your latest trial is still on (even with all the drama the first day) with somewhat "do-able" side effects. I have to agree, the warmth and sunshine of Florida sounds pretty darn good right now. Thanks again for lunch, really enjoyed your company and we all hope to hook up with you on your next trip back to the D.

Know we are there for you,
Rob, Christy, Nicole and Julia