Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not Optimistic

Just wanted to release some negative energy into the blogosphere... Went out for a beer with my buddy Ramil a little while ago and I'm back home laying in bed right now in some pretty bad pain. My back is really aching big time and it's been a reliable indicator that the cancer is thriving unfortunately.

This is my off week for the pills so maybe that's the reason...

I'm pretty calm but hoping this ache goes away soon so I can get some sleep. I don't drink very often and it's crazy how one Coors Light can put such a fire in my mid back, ugh.

So, maybe I'm just writing this to soften the blow on Thursday when I get the results of my PET scan. In any event, I somewhat have a plan just in case my disease is no longer responding to the S&N and progressing. I think there's still a spot available in the RAD001 trial here at Karmanos with my last Dr. Ramchandran.

I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...

4 comments:

Angie Nader said...

i hope the pain is just a fluke...and that your pet scan comes back back good!

Loraine Ritchey said...

Holding tight to hope Loraine

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Even if cancer is evident, the SAHA could be stablizing it. You never know. Dr. O kept telling me that it takes a while to work on many patients and even though it never pushed back any of my disease, it did slow it down enough for nine months. Try to do your best to relax until the scans come back.

Michael Herlehy

Gail said...

Chris -
...sending prayers and positive energy for good news on Thursday.
Gail