Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stable!!!

Just got back to the Hope Lodge much lighter on my feet with a huge gorilla off my back. According to the scan, my disease is stable, woooo hoooo! I still have 4 "hot spots" near my spine that really haven't changed in size (except for millimeters) since April. I will surely take it after the freakout session I had the other night.

The thing we're going to work on is pain management. I was prescribed some long acting pain meds that I'm supposed to take 2x per day (one in morning and one at bedtime). I also now have some instant relief meds for breakthrough pain. Dr. O said it's all about staying ahead of the pain and keeping a level of drug in my system that will control the pain. Do I like having to depend on pain meds, not necessarily... That said, at this stage of the game what do I care? As long as I don't have to endure this back pain and can sleep I'm ok with it.

So, it's been a long mentally draining day of blood tests, laying in a tube with my arms above my head for 45 minutes and an excruciating wait of 2 hours to find out the results. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. Time to lay down for a sweet nap and hopefully hit the town tonight with some friends here in Manhattan (I guess there's a birthday party or something).

Thanks for all the good vibes/prayers.

Six weeks I get to go through all of this again, ha!

8 comments:

Jessie O said...

so happy to hear it!

Gail said...

YEAH! So happy for you :-)

Angie Nader said...

so happy to hear that things were better than you were expecting. it sucks you have to go through this every 6 weeks...but i wish you positive results each time!

Uncle Tom & Auntie Linda said...

Great news Chris, we all been on pins and needles,now go get some well deserved rest, see ya soon. Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda

laulausmamma said...

Wonderful to hear you got good news today Chris!! Glad they are getting your pain under control...you've got to do whatever makes you comfortable.
Susan (laulausmamma)

Loraine Ritchey said...

breathing out now Loraine

Anastasia said...

Yes! Great to read.

Marsha said...

Chris, this is great news! I was worried about you and your back pain. I'm sorry about the pain. Have you tried marinol? My pain dr. is planning to prescribe it to me if I need it. Hugs,
Marsha