Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Update

Not a whole lot to say tonight, just thought I'd write a little since it's been a week...

I took my last handful of pills on Wednesday and while I have more energy, my back has been aching something fierce. I've noticed a pattern has developed of increased pain on my off weeks from the pills which tells me that the drug must be doing something. The pain is pretty bad though, bad enough that I can't sleep unless I increase my pain meds, ugh. It is nice though not having to force 16 horse pills down before I go to bed... The pain is in the normal spot, the right mid area of my back. Naproxen also helps but I can't take too much of it because of my platelets being so low. I took two the other night and the next day couldn't stop my nose from bleeding, pretty freaky.

I met with my Neurologist earlier in the week to follow up and see if she could do anything about the cramping in my hands and calves. Just recently, it got pretty bad a couple of mornings. The pain is so intense that I liken it to being shot (although I've never been shot). She wanted to try mild "interventions" first as she called it in having me increase my vitamin D and E intake plus Calcium. She also told me to drink a lot of gatorade type drinks plus tonic water and so far it seems to be helping. Unfortunately, she's determined that I have permanent nerve damage in my feet though as I still can't feel my toes or really bend them for that matter. It's weird, even though they're numb, they're still super sensitive if that makes any sense. She literally could take a pin and poke it into my big toe and I can't feel it but if I step on something or somebody or something (like my dog) steps on them, I feel like I'm going to go to the moon, very weird...

Had a chance to check out "The Social Network" this weekend. What a fascinating movie! If anyone who reads this is on Facebook, you definitely need to see this movie.

I've also had a chance over the week to catch up on my HBO shows on demand, Entourage and Hung and they didn't disappoint. Hung especially stood out as they really stepped up a notch the second season and it's all shot here in the D! Speaking of another show shot in the D, Detroit 1-8-7, I've watched the first two episodes and I'm still trying to get into it. I'm wondering if it's because there have been so many shows of it's kind over the years... I'm waiting for something to suck me in besides the fact that it's also shot entirely in Detroit. We'll see...

I think Gomez is finally over being hit by a car, ha! Him and Chili have really bonded and they've been playing like crazy. It's so funny watching Gomez push Chili's buttons by trying to jump up and bite her ears. Chili just swings around and hip checks him then whacks him a couple of times with her paws. She has amazing paw dexterity! I've gotta say though that little Gomez does not quit! Sometimes he manages to sneak right underneath her and bites her hind paws. I love watching those two go at it! It's harmless and it totally wears the both of them out. I'm going to miss the G man when Jackie comes to town to get him in a couple of weeks :(


Chili and G having their first shower together!


Since they were nice and clean, I had em up on the bed :o)

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. I leave for New York on Wednesday and will be staying through Sunday. I want to get to some museums this time and thinking of maybe getting into see Letterman. We'll see how things shake out.

Finally, there's a good chance I might be going to the Netherlands on the 13th! My old buddy/roommate Sean from Seattle is back at Delta airlines and out of the blue messaged me and asked me if I'd be interested in going to Europe on one of his buddy passes. So, if everything works out (we're basically on standby) I get to fly (possibly first class) to Europe for $150!! The plan is to land in Amsterdam, explore there and maybe jump on a train to check out Belgium, Germany, Prague, whatever... I don't want to get too stoked yet because it might not happen if the flights are sold out. Plus, I checked my passport and it was expired and not sure if I'm going to get my renewal back in time anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Alright, I'm out for now... Probably won't update till I get back from New York.

Happy Monday!!

No comments: