Friday, March 25, 2011

New Day, Better Outlook...

Well, thank God yesterday is over. I think the fact that I only had a few hours sleep the night before (due to all the craziness with my flight), was at the doctors office for 9 hours starting at 8:00 a.m. and the shocking news was enough to almost send me over the cliff It's funny, while we were all waiting in the dr. office, we were joking around how I was a rock star getting ready to start my 17th cycle! My trial coordinator was even so confident that he went ahead and filled my pills and sent me out to the lobby to wait for the official word which at that point seemed like a formality. It was then when they called me back in the office and I sat there an waited for another half an hour while they consulted that I knew something was wrong and sure enough, BAM!, they hit me with the news. Talk about being left with your pants down!

So, today, I have a new and better attitude. Strange how I can switch right back into warrior mode. I shot off a few emails and posted on my forum like I said. While I haven't heard anything back from my forum Hodgkins friends, I did hear back from Dr. Ramchandran and found out that phase 3 of RAD001 is getting ready to open at Karmanos in the D in a couple of weeks. While I have no idea if it'll work or not, it at least gives me hope, all a cancer survivor can ask for...

Here's to a new day!

Chris

5 comments:

ConundrumChum said...

I am glad you are feeling better today, that was a lot of news to process. I just finished a vaccine trial that I started in June and my cancer is spreading again. I know how you feel, it is a below the belt hit.

My seven year old son asked me if the good cells are really fighting the bad cells. I asked if he meant with boxing gloves, he pictured them fighting with swords. My side needs a rocket launcher.

Have a nice weekend.

pookajim said...

You're a hero.

pookajim said...

You're a hero!

Loraine Ritchey said...

There are so many of us on this journey with you - you really are a rock star- we hold our breath for you - we sigh - we cry- and we also smile- and we worry- those of us whom have never met you- but you have become a part of our day- I don't have any answers but please know our lives are touched by you and your journey - Loraine

Donna said...

Hi Chris,
Thinking of you. Glad you over the shock and ready to fight. Hope you are able to find a new treatment soon. Always choose hope and Stay STRONG!!!!
I know BETTER DAYS are ahead for you (I used to listen to that song by the goo goo dolls on my ipod when going through the transplant)
Keep up your positive attitude and you will get through this!!
Have a great day Chris!!
Donna