Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not sure what to title this post...

It's been so nice to come down to the warm moist Florida air! As soon as I stepped off the plane, it felt like I just lathered myself in moisturizer or something, very nice. I'm sure my Michigan friends and family know what I mean by it being "dry" up there in the winter. I really struggle with chapped lips and the inside of my nose gets so dry that I get nose bleeds pretty frequently. I think these are exasperated by my chronically low platelet counts although I don't notice it down here like I said.

I've been struggling a bit with my energy lately. The last few days (starting in Michigan) I've really struggled to get out of bed and once I'm up, I just can't seem to get going... My whole body seems really sore too. It's almost like I have the flu without having the cloudy head. I'm getting a bit worried that it could possibly mean that my disease is growing, ugh. Fatigue is a symptom amongst many... It could be due to the fact that I was under a lot of stress last month for numerous reasons. I may have just worn myself out mentally and hopefully this time down in Florida (barring any disasters) will do me a lot of good.

I don't want this to come across as me complaining because I'm not. I'm really blessed to have this life and know there are a few of my friends and others that I know of who are really struggling right now. I guess I'm writing this to document this fatigue and be able to look back to see if it improves.

In any event, I'll know for sure what's going on after March 24th when I go to NYU for my next PET scan. I'll be flying there directly from here in Florida for the first time. I'm getting excited to go as it seems like it's been a while (last two times have been day trips and this time I'm staying for 3 days). I'm watching March madness right now at the Garden (which is just down the street from Hope Lodge) and just witnessed a great Big East tournament game with Connecticut beating Pittsburgh at the buzzer after Kemba Walker hit a last second shot!

I'm due back in Michigan on the 26th hopefully feeling more energized and knowing that I can continue on this trial.

I'm so close to being settled (relatively speaking) in my life!

Just like everything else, this too will pass...

No comments: