Monday, April 11, 2011

Checking In

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm ok and doing fine. Just have been a little overwhelmed with everything lately and have taken a break from posting due to two moves in two weeks and the lack of internet access.

I'm having a lot of problems with my back which I'm sure have been exasperated by the moves.

I'm handling the uncertainty of the future relatively well and have decided to enter into the RAD001 (Everolimus) trial at Karmanos in Detroit if my blood counts cooperate. I'm worried as the platelet cutoff to get in is 75,000 and I've been struggling every time to get to 50,000. Hopefully the time off SAHA has allowed my counts to recover... The plan is to meet with Dr. Ramchandran on the 18th and if everything works out, I start the trial that same week. Once again, prayers and good vibes solicited here.

On another note, just wanted to send some well wishes to Rich, my step dad. He's been having issues with fluid in his lungs and heart issues. He's been in the hospital and I know not enjoying any of it. Get better Rich!

Hoping to find some mojo to post an interesting post soon...

Chris

6 comments:

Debbi said...

Chris:
You are the most determined person I've ever met and you bring inspiration to so many people. What a beautiful smile!
I wish so much that you didn't have to go through any of this. I'll be praying for you and sending you positive thoughts of healing and peace.

Debbi said...

Chris:
You are the most determined person I've ever met and you bring so much inspiration to others.
And what a smile! I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this and want you to know that I am praying for you and sending you thoughts of healing and peace.

B. said...

I SO owe you a phone call from what, last week? I'm a horrible friend (hides my head in shame).

My finals are over this week -- and then I have a two week break to talk your head off if you allow me :) I'll text you this weekend so we can set up a phone date.

Miss you love!

xoxo,
B

Cherry said...

So many prayers to you and everyone else I am reading about here. You have a lot of crazy happening but you seem to easily keep your chin up which is VERY inspiring. I am sad for all your troubles though. Will be thinking of you. C

Anastasia said...

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to know you are ok, though things sound taxing at the time. I wish you high blood counts and relief from the back pain. And instant and permanent remission, of course. I hope your stepdad feels better and stays out of the hospital. Thinking of you! Hope to get together sometime this summer.

Loraine Ritchey said...

There are times when I read your blog and Hillary's that I feel so inadequate... but know that even those you haven't met are pulling for you both Loraine