Monday, October 10, 2011

What the Heck...

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse in my family, I called my Mom today to find out the results of Rich's needle core biopsy and it's confirmed, Rich has lung cancer. While expected, it's still hard to hear and of course troubling. The big blow was still yet to come however... After we discussed Rich, my Mom told me she had an x-ray last week and she has inflamed lymph nodes in her chest which prompted the medical team to order a CT scan for this Thursday, ugh ugh ugh. I didn't know this but she's been really tired lately (symptom) and has developed a cough (symptom) which is rare for her. Kinda freaking out here but going to remain calm and deal with this like I deal with my own crap, the best I can.

I just don't understand why our family has to deal with so much... Seems very unfair.

Not sure what else to say...

Time to put my own troubles on the back burner and do my best to try and process all of this. Hopefully it'll be nothing and we can go back to dealing with just Rich's pending surgery and successful recovery.

Keeping the faith,

Chris

5 comments:

donna said...

Chris,
Sorry you are dealing with all this...ugggghhhhh!!! I can only imagine how difficult this all is. Hang in there and remain strong!!! I know you have had many (too many)bumps in the road but take things one day at a time and you will get through it. My heart goes out to you and your family and I will keep you all in my prayers!!!
Not sure what else to say...but stay strong!!!
Donna

ConundrumChum said...

Hang in there! It does sound rough, sending prayers to you and your family.

The Reeds said...

Chris, your "what the heck" title is totally appropriate. Your family needs a break. I'm sorry about Rich, and I really hope that your mom's CT scan comes back clear. Your family is in my prayers!!
April

The Reeds said...

Chris, your "what the heck" title is totally appropriate. Your family needs a break. I'm sorry about Rich, and I really hope that your mom's CT scan comes back clear. Your family is in my prayers!!
April

Loraine Ritchey said...

I am so sorry I wish I had answers that made sense but I don't and why such bad things happens to good people and the scum continues to rise to the top of the pond Sigh...........