Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanks to Panera Bread...

I can finally update! I've been at my new place in Delray and haven't had internet or cable, totally disconnected except for my phone. It was pretty weird at first but have gotten used to it and hope to get connected the next time I come down.

To summarize my trip, it's been awesome! After the snowstorm in Pennsylvania, it has been truly memorable and sad it's coming to an end.

I had a chance to catch up with friends all the way down the coast who I haven't seen in a while along with everyone down here. The weather has been mostly great and today had a chance to hang out by the pool (after finally getting a key!)

So, without going into too much detail re the trip due to little time here at the restaurant, I'll have one more day tomorrow then it's back to the D early Wednesday morning where I fly up, land and go directly to see Dr. Ramchandran. My headaches have thankfully mostly gone away and now I'm just dealing with massive fatigue which hopefully he can help me with. I've got a weird rash under my eyes and near my mouth too which needs to be addressed as well but it's only cosmetic and sure there's some kind of cream or something I can get for it.

As for my family, Rich found out he won't need chemo or radiation but got some sad news that he's no longer eligible to be on the heart transplant list. I guess the only option is to make sure the remaining functioning part of his current heart gets stronger somehow. They're supposed to attach a new lead to his pacemaker so hopefully that helps. As for my Mom, she is getting a PET scan today after having to wait (stupid insurance company HAP, what are they thinking?!). She goes in tomorrow to consult with an oncologist who has extensive experience in recurrent breast cancer and hope she can give her some good options.

That's really all I have time for now, thanks again for reading and keeping up with me and as always for the prayers and good thoughts.

Chris

2 comments:

Donna said...

Happy to hear you had a great road trip and are enjoying life!
Sending lots of positive thoughts to you and your family and hoping all goes well at the upcoming doctor appointments.
Insurance companies are the worst and that is so frustrating that your mom has to wait for tests because of them! Hoping all goes well at her scan.
keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong!!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Your health and your family's health seems to be in inverse proportion to the Lions performance. You seem to be feeling better and, thankfully, it seems your mom and step dad are getting more positive prognosises. But the Lions have been struggling lately. I think you need to root for the Lions to lose. Sorry, but it's better for all. You can, however, become a Bears fan. We'll welcome you.

Michael Herlehy