Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time has flown...

Wow, just realized it's been two weeks since I've updated, don't know where the time has gone...


Thanksgiving was nice as always. I was so looking forward to the Lions game and they laid the biggest egg, actually put me to sleep! Woke up and the food was ready to go and my Mom put together another epic meal. She's something else, with all she's dealing with right now with her pending treatment, pretty remarkable... She has her second opinion on Friday and should have enough information to get going with treatment next week. They're concerned with a suspicious spot on her lung along with of course the breast cancer. Prayers and good vibes requested please...

As for me, still rolling along. Finally got my feet taken care of! Come to think of it, I now realize that's probably the reason I haven't updated... After getting back from Florida, I probably did one of the dumbest things I've done in a while, trying to fix my ingrown toenails by performing torture on myself, lol. My toes and feet ended up getting infected and it was one of the more painful things I've had to deal with. My dogs were so sensitive I had a hard time sleeping with my toes touching the covers or dinging them on the mattress. Not to mention, my feet swelling up like balloons and pounding with every heartbeat. I ended up going to the podiatrist and Dr. Grodman yanked out three daggers that were growing into my skin. He had to numb both big toes Novocaine or whatever it is they give you at the dentist. While he was slicing out my toenails, he mentioned that I'd never be able to go as far as he went, way too painful... I couldn't look, I was having flashbacks of trying to do it myself, I'm getting creeped out by even writing about this. Happy to say the worst is over and I'm pain free down there, thank God!

Laying here watching the coverage of the Republican candidates, trying to see what the choice will be like next November. Of the two front runners, neither seems to exhibit a whole lot of principle or character, two of the most important attributes I think a leader should have. This is without mentioning the Cain guy...

Excited to be going to see Chris Cornell from one of my favorite bands of the 90's, Soundgarden, this Sunday at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor. It'll be my first time seeing the theater too so should be a fun night.

Really glad we're gonna have hoops this year btw, I like sports but I'm definitely a basketball junkie...

Alright, that's all I've got for now. Sorry if I grossed anyone out by talking about my toenail problem ;) It's one of those things I just had to document, lol. Hoping to settle into this thing with my Mom and looking forward to some sunshine as I prepare to drive my tools down to Florida to start working on the new digs down there.

Life is good!

No comments: