Monday, August 25, 2008

New Plan

Well, just got back from the Doc and he outlined our new "strategy". He's going to put me on a new chemo starting this Wednesday called GVD. This chemo has shown some success with relapsed or refractory Hodgkins so we're hopeful. The best chance I have with a transplant is to get my disease into complete remission before SCT.

The only caveat (and it's a big caveat) is that if this chemo doesn't work and the disease progresses while I'm in treatment, I might not be able to get a transplant. Not that all of my eggs are in this one basket but close to it...

Needless to say, these are stressful times. Thanks to all of you who've sent cards, messages and prayers. I hope to have some good news after my first CT scan on Sep. 11th as they're gonna check the progress after one cycle of chemo to see if it's working.

Keeping the Faith...

No comments: