Wednesday, August 13, 2008

X-ray

Went in today to the clinic for an x-ray and I don't think I like what I saw... After the tech took the x-ray, I asked her if I could go back and take a look and when I did, I saw what looked like a nodule on my right side. I'm no doctor so it could be scar tissue etc... That said, I'm preparing myself for the worst when I go get my PET/CT scan on Monday. I have a follow up consultation with my doctor next Wednesday to discuss the next steps with me. If the scan is clear, I move to stem cell transplant. If there's still disease in me, I'll have to get another round of ICE chemo and it'll delay the stem cell transplant process another month.

Whatever happens, I need to keep my spirits up and let God and the doctors do their thing.

Tomorrow I go to my physical therapist to get training for self lymph massage and how to appyly my bandages for my lymphadema (to reduce the swelling).

On another note, it's been entertaining watching the olympics live at night! Michael Phelps is unbelievable. Heard today that one of the swimmers found out that he had testicular cancer right before he found out that he'd be part of the swim team. He made the decision to go to the olympics then get treated when he gets back. I can completely understand his decision...

Signing out, Chris

No comments: