Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feeling Better!

Finally starting to feel better! My throat, mouth and rash are starting to fade, thank God! The more I think about it, the better I feel about scrapping the last round of chemo and going into SCT.

I plan to meet with my new team next Thursday to map out a strategy. I meet with my regular Onc. tomorrow and will try and probe her for some questions to ask.

As for me, now that the side effects from the chemo are going away, I can honestly say this is the best I've felt physically in a long time. I no longer have the "pleural rub" which was bothering me for quite some time. I no longer have back pain in the evening which was going on for longer than I can remember. In addition, I don't have as much pain in my chest and can take in a deeper breath it seems. All in all, I think the GVD did a job on the tumors which is a good thing. How much remains to be seen once I get a PET scan. Overall, I'm confident that I'm in much better shape heading into SCT than I would have been if I'd have gone in after the ICE chemo.

So, from here, it's in the Lord's and my doctors hands! I of course will continue to do everything I can to help facilitate a successful transplant and subsequent cancer free recovery.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Chris,
Thanks so much for the blog updates. It is amazing to see what a fighter you are, I always new you were strong while we palled aroung "back in the day," but heroic comes to mind today. So glad you are feeling better and we are all pulling for you in your next stage of your recuperation journey. Christy, Nicole and Julia are all doing well and we can't wait to see you on your next trip back to the "D". Sorry, but have to rub it in that MSU has cracked the Top 25, but Saturday's game against undefeated Northwestern will be very telling about the remainder of their season. Call when you have a chance.
Love, Rob