Friday, November 20, 2009


Me n Chili driving...

Well I’m back in the D after some serious driving the last couple of days. I decided to follow my GPS route instead of taking the standard I75 all the way up and it’s a much nicer drive plus a lot faster. I think I did the whole trip back in less than 20 hours which is cookin! I also had my first incident driving which is pretty good considering I've driven around the country a couple of times since June. I was in Ohio and they were working on the freeway and got caught in the left lane next to a line of semi trucks. I couldn't merge in when the lane ended and smashed into all of the orange barrels knocking my side mirror off and almost giving myself a heart attack. Luckily I was ok and unfortunately didn't have a chance to get the licence plate of the truck that cut me off. I have to say the incident did wake me up though as I was starting to feel kinda tired prior to that happening. I think I'll be flying down to Florida from here on out...


Chili "getting low"...

I’m here at Karmanos for my 6th infusion, waiting for the required pre-infusion blood draw. It’s amazing how every time I come for these (and most of my past appointments) I’m the only person my age in the place. I mean, 90+ percent of the time it’s mostly older people waiting in these chairs. I was having a conversation with a woman who has incurable breast cancer and she was talking about how “God meets you where you are”, interesting… She was also preaching how we’re the one’s controlling what’s going on with our survival, basically our attitudes. I agreed with her it’s important to keep a positive attitude but challenged her by asking how someone in a third world country could “control” their survival with a positive attitude. I guess I get tired of cancer cliché’s sometimes…


Took this at Delray Beach G.C. Amazing how something seemingly dead (palm tree) sustains and supports new life (young banyan? tree)...

The infusion was a success (although very long) and I’m here back at the house the next day completely exhausted! Feels like I haven’t slept in weeks. I don’t remember feeling this tired but probably because I was that tired before (thus not remembering!) if that makes any sense.

So, I think I’m going to spend the day in bed today, just seems like the thing to do. I know the energy will come back and I’ll be able to enjoy the weekend. Hard to believe I’m going to be home for the Holidays this year! The last two have been spent out in Seattle completely sick and not able to travel due to treatment. Should be nice to see the family :)

That’s all I have energy for right now! Took me two days to write this, jeez…

If I don’t post before Thanksgiving, happy one to you!

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

Oh my gosh Chris, I just read about the driving "incident"...yikes! I am so glad that you (and Chili) are okay. I hope you were able to get plenty of rejuvinating rest this weekend. I took your advice and "kept busy" this weekend. It did help! The blues stayed away! Anyway, I am thinking of you with healing thoughts of love and strength. Have a great Thanksgiving!