Sunday, November 15, 2009

Re-Connected :)


Shot of my walk down to beautiful Delray Beach FL

Wow, what a nice surprise. Just got back to my place after watching some football with friends and decided to give my computer another try after not being able to connect for 4-5 days. Success! I'd been using the "beachbum" signal which is the only unprotected signal in this complex and for some reason it wasn't available lately. I obviously haven't had a chance to get Comcast over to hook up my internet :)

Anyway, now that I have a chance, just wanted to say that things are going well and I'm really enjoying SoFlo! The weather has been so nice the last few days and I've been getting out everyday doing something fun. I've been able to take a bikeride to the beach, do some surfing (body and longboard), play golf, hit an art show, try some great bars/restaurants in between working on my place and resting, ha! It's really nice here...


The sand is really soft


The water is nicely blue and warm


There's some really sweet looking birds here too!

I've still been really achy all over and numb in my extremities but it makes it so much easier to deal with being active. I think the worst of it is over too... I've noticed that the "discomfort" peaks 6-7 days away from infusion and gets a little better as I get closer to Tx day. I have to drive back to Michigan on Tuesday so hopefully I'll be good by the time I have to drive.

My place is coming along... I've pretty much got it all re-painted but I've still got a ways to go before it's comfortable here. I think I have a line on some couches through my buddy which he'll let me use and a futon leftover from an estate. The other stuff I can fill in next time I'm down in December and it should feel pretty homey here by then :D

So like I said, I'll be leaving Tuesday and will be staying in Michigan through Thanksgiving and up until my next infusion on December 4th. I'll be doing one more drive down here probably on the 6th of Dec. and stay down here till just before Christmas. After that, I'll be commuting through the air as the drives are a little tough on the ole back. Not to mention, my car has 130,000 miles on it now and don't need it breaking down mid route.

I would like to send out prayers for Jeremy from Brooklyn and the Hodgkins board who just found out his stem cell transplant failed and also has refractory Hodgkins. He's going to be doing Bendamustine (trial) and hoping he gets relief from his symptoms quickly. I know how awful a time this is for him and his wife Maggie right now. Here's the link if anyone feels like leaving a positive comment.
http://forums.lymphoma.com/showthread.php?t=44792

Hope all's well with everyone!

Take care, Chris

1 comment:

Rob said...

Glad to read you are feeling better, drive safe to the "D" and we hope to see you while you are here. How 'bout dinner and a beer or two? Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rob, Christy and the girls