Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Settling In

So I've been down here a few days now and it's nice to be in South Florida! There's been some winds and spotty showers as result of Ida but the weather is still nice :) I went out fishing yesterday on a commercial boat and there were 6-8' waves! I managed to avoid getting seasick but only caught one fish for my efforts (red grouper, under legal size). My buddy Danny got a couple of Mutton Snappers though and gave me one to bake tonight (whole fish, skin and everything) and it was delicious :p

Since it was a little rainy today, I decided to paint my place and glad I did. The tenants I had living here must've been Pittsburgh Steeler fans because the place was painted yellow and brown, nasty... I picked a nice soothing color called Pueblo which I've used before in Michigan. I'm starting to feel at home :) I've also managed to find some deals at the resale shop and pretty much have my room furnished now. I'll keep adding stuff as I find it for the living room and 2nd bedroom. It's nice to be able to finally live in my place down here!

I feel a little bad for Chili as I think she misses her grandparents up in Michigan (she was pretty spoiled ;). I need to find out where the dog parks are around here so she can meet some friends, ha!

Speaking of friends, it's good to be around a couple of my oldest buddies, Dan and Ramil. We pretty much grew up together in Michigan and they've been down here for over 10 years now. I would come and visit but it was tough to just hang out due to busy schedules etc... These guys are like brothers and I can walk over to Dan's and ride my bike over to Ramil's or drive 5 minutes. He actually lives with Dan's brother who happens to be a great guy too.

So the plan from here is to continue to get my place setup the rest of this week and then enjoy the weekend. I kind of feel like I'm working again, not a bad feeling ;) I've got to start driving back up to Michigan by Tuesday so I can make it to Karmanos next Thursday afternoon for my 6th infusion. My muscles and joints don't seem to be as sore but my back is pretty sore and I've got constant neuropathy now in my fingers and feet. In fact, it's hard to feel the keys as I type this. Even though this neuropathy is pretty uncomfortable, I'd rather have it than the muscle/joint aches. I've pretty much accepted that I'll have to deal with these kinds of issues for the rest of my life. It's all about how you manage it however and like managing the mental aspect, the key is staying busy ;)

So the plan for tomorrow is to ride my bike to the beach in the morning and take a swim in the ocean :D I'll come home in the afternoon, finish painting then take a nice nap. I'm fitting in with all the retirees down here, ha!

Hope to post some pics next time of my place and some stuff around town.

Shaka :)

No comments: