Saturday, February 21, 2009


Don't have much to say but thought I'd update as it's been a while...

Things are going ok for the most part. The weekend getaway last weekend was really nice. It was great to get away and see some good friends of mine. The only bad thing is my energy level is so low and I'm constantly sore (it's come back). It's the kind of soreness that you feel when you haven't worked out in months and go out one day and run 5 miles. The thing is, I haven't really worked out yet! It's extremely difficult to get out of bed in the morning too as I can't seem to get out of the rack before 11:00! It's almost day 60 since my transplant and quite frankly was hoping for more tangible evidence that I'm recovering. I guess the 15 straight months of therapy (including two stem cell transplants) have taken it's toll.

I have the biggest day of my life coming up this week on February 26th where they're going to give me a PET/CT scan to see if I'm in remission. I find out the results on March 2nd with a consult with my Oncologist and if everything looks good, I'm scheduled to have my line taken out March 3rd.

To protect myself from dissapointment, I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best (good advice from my fellow relapse Hodge buddies). Whatever happens, life will go on...

8 comments:

Veronica said...

EVERYTHING will be crossed on Thursday for you, Chris.......Vx

B. said...

'Expect the worst, hope for the best.' Amen to that brother.

My heart, will be with you on the 26th.

Constantly thinking of you and Jackie.

Sometimes, words, just do don't justice in these situations. But know, if I could reach out and give both of you hugs, I would.

Sending all my Love,
(be proud of yourself Chris)

B

Anonymous said...

Praying you get the best news on the CT/PET. I'll be thinking of you. My best to you and Jackie. -Maureen

Adrienne said...

Hey Chris, Hang in there. It just takes time sometimes and you've had SOOO much therapy in a short period of time. Thinking only positive thoughts for your scans this week. Hugs, Alison (Adrienne's mom)

Gail said...

Hey Chris -

Still out here rooting for you in Michigan. Stay strong - you have overcome so much already. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gail

Anonymous said...

Chris,

It's Terry and Connie. We're so glad to see your posting - it HAS been a while. We are thinking about you daily and praying so hard for your recovery! We love reading the blog and it seems that you're doing all the right things including keeping a positive outlook! Hang in there Chris! Give our best to Jackie!

Love, hugs and prayers,
Terry & Connie

Duane said...

Hoping for the boring news of a clean, unremarkable scan, buddy.

Thinking of you.

B. said...

Heart is with you, Jackie, and the family.

<3 B