Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Up late waiting for my Ambien CR to kick in! Saw Dr. Shustov today and we set up February as far as tests go. I'll be going in weekly for blood checks and my big PET scan at the end of February.

I think I'm starting to get some hair back! If I look hard enough in the light, I can make out some facial hair coming in on my lip and cheeks! If I look even harder, I can see some really light peach fuzz starting to come out on my head ;) I haven't been this excited about hair growth since I was 12-13 years old and starting puberty! I watched a comedy special with Robert Schimmel the other night (who's also a Lymphoma survivor) and he has some hilarious bits regarding pubic hair. I guess he was in the hospital getting chemo and a sales rep knocks on his door... The guy identified the company he was with and Schimmel asked what he was selling. Turns out he was selling "dick wigs"!! I was rolling... He said the guy had all kinds of different styles, colors and application methods (i.e. velcro, glue, etc...). If you have a chance to see it, it's pretty funny and inspirational. One other thing about having hair (on your head) is it really keeps your head warm! I can't go anywhere without my skull cap these days and look forward to the insulation (not to mention filling the gaps between my head and my ears!).

It's supposed to be nice here tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I didn't have a chance to go to the gym today so it'll be on the list tomorrow. I think I may dust off my sticks and head to the golf range to shank a few. Can't forget about Chili as we'll go to her little park down the street and let her chase the tennis ball a bit.

Well, I think the Ambien is starting to work so time for bed.......

1 comment:

Rob said...

Glad to read you are growing some hair again, would like to have caught the bit from the comedian you referenced. Sounds like it was a real hoot. Hoping your upcoming scan is totally positive and that you get the Hickman out asap. Been thinking of you alot lately, just been awhile since commenting. Just know that we love you and can't wait to see you again.

Rob, Christy, Nicole and Julia