Sunday, February 1, 2009


So the party last night was a blast! It was at the Boeing Museum of Flight which is a really nice place. The food was ok, band decent, drinks good but the best part was the people watching. Seattle is a pretty eclectic place and the party was a pretty good reflection. I really got a kick out of the people who got decked out in their aviator gear. From dudes wearing flight suits, captains outfits, space suits... Chicks wearing stewardess outfits, etc. it was entertaining! They had a live band (didn't catch the name) who were pretty talented. They even had a separate floor with Karaoke which of course included 3 guys in their Top Gun outfits doing "You lost that loving Feeling" (just like the movie although their version pretty much sucked). It was great getting out again and had the chance to meet some really great people.

Other than watching the Super Bowl, today was get organized day. I've gone from having a large one bedroom apt., having all of my stuff at my fingertips to now trying to condense my most precious possesions into a 3' x 3' x 7' space. Challenging but a welcome distraction from my post SCT difficulties and of course my impending PET/CT scan. Which reminds me, I go in tomorrow to see my regular Oncologist Dr. Andrei Shustov. He's going to schedule the PET, advise me when he thinks I can get my Hickman line out (Dr. Hickman is retired by the way so he won't be taking it out this time!), check out the little bump under my arm, listen to my chest back and who knows what else.

So, it's February and time for me to get back into shape! I'm going to re-activate my 24 hour fitness membership tomorrow then look into yoga classes (probably with my girlfriend). I'm also thinking of taking Thai Chi and when I get strong enough taking some karate lessons. I still need to start my flamenco guitar lessons so I should be pretty busy these upcoming weeks! Can't forget about the golf range too!

Should be a fun week!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Geez - are you going to have time to update your blog with all that going on??? All sounds good, Chris - have fun!! :0)........Vx