Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm getting stronger...


(pic of Jimi scultpture on Broadway Ave. Capital Hill Seattle)

Slowly but surely, my body is getting stronger. Gone is the chronic soreness that has plagued me for the last 2+ weeks! My back is stil occasionally achy along with my lungs when I inhale suddenly but even that's getting better. I feel progress which is great!! I think I'm almost ready to get back into the gym but I've decided to wait until my Hickman line gets removed.

Had a pretty mellow weekend with the highlight being a suprise date night Saturday where Jackie and I went out to see Coraline, the new 3D movie. It was good but a little exhausting as the 10 o'clock was sold out and we had to wait until the midnight show. It was worth the wait as we went to the Cheesecake factory and had coffee and Tiramisu cheesecake! That stuff just melts in your mouth, what a treat! :-D It was interesting in the movie that Coraline's family moved from Pontiac Michigan to Oregon (and her father was wearing a Michigan State sweater in the movie). Even though I'm a U of M man, it was good to see a Michigan school represented... I have to say, seeing a movie in 3D is so much more enjoyable than a normal movie. You really feel like you're "in the movie" especially how detailed the computer animations are these days.

Took Chili over to her future weekend sitters last night and think everything will go smoothly (friends of ours kindly volunteered to watch her). It's going to be weird not having my dog around as it's been a year since I've gone anywhere... Come to think of it, it's going to be weird just going somewhere besides Seattle! I wish I had a little hair so I wouldn't look like a cancer patient but oh well... Every day, I notice the fine little fuzz that's gathering on my head becoming more pronounced. You really have to look closely at a certain angle towards the light -- but it is coming in! ;) I wish my head would come in as fast as my face... It looks like I'll be shaving by next week (although the hair is coming in light blond which is strange). Who knows, maybe my head hair will come in light blond and I'll be a toe head like I was when I was a kid. That'd be pretty cool I think ;) Some people have reported that after chemo, their hair comes in a different texture, thicker, curly, etc... Whatever way it comes in, I can't wait!

(Chili and a new buddy at fountain in Capital Hill park)

By the way, wanted to send out thoughts and prayers to a family of a fellow Hodge Warrior named Tyler (http://www.tylersfight.blogspot.com) who passed away this Saturday. Tyler had been through two stem cell transplants (Auto and Allo) and died suddenly with no explanation. I know he's in peace and wish his family strength to get through this tough time.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Love the pic of Jimi, wish I could have seen the guy in person. Also, sorry to read the news about Tyler, sure it hits home for you. Give me a ring one of these days,

Rob

Veronica said...

Sounds like things continue to be gooooood......:0)........keep it up!!...........Vx

laulausmamma said...

Hey Chris...just got caught up with you on your blog...so glad that you are feeling so well as your transplant. Keep it up : }
All the best that the days, months and years ahead are happy and healthy.
Susan - HL forum