Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back in New York


Manhattan skyline (Central Park) shot from the airplane

Finally getting around to posting an update...

Been really busy the last few days. My buddy Mike came in for a visit over the weekend and had a chance to show him around my digs in Delray and West Palm Beach. Good times!


Hanging out with Mike at Bradleys in WPB to watch Kentucky Derby. The horse I picked in the bar pool (Supersaver) won! So, I received a $25 bar tab credit, nice :)

I'm in New York now outside at Greeley Square Park as I write this. Yesterday was epic for me as I played 18 holes at Beth Page! Couldn't get on the Black course but played the Red which is really nice. It was a struggle but I was encouraged by a couple of nice shots which will definately get me back out ;) The only bummer is my back is shot and my feet are killing me. I think I got overly excited re my disease shrinking as it's (my back) been pretty sore the last few days. I'll keep powering through though because it's tolerable and Im having too much fun to stop!


18th hole on Beth Page Black


My New York friends Dennis n Paullette. Taken in Little Italy. We hung out in Soho after then took the dogs to Seaport. Saw some huge rats there...

I'm starting to warm up to New York. It's such a dramatic change of pace from South Florida living but just like everything else, I'm adjusting. There are so many people here! That said, the energy is incredible... Even though I'm tired, just walking around this place makes you feel really alive. I had my first experience at Penn Station yesterday as I met my buddy Dennis there so we could take a train to Beth Page. It's like an underground city... I almost didn't make the trip as I couldn't find him down there and the cell phone kept cutting out. It was pretty crazy seeing all of the military folk standing around with big ass machine guns. I could see why they were down there after the failed Times Square bombing attempt. God forbid if one of these psychos are ever able to set off a bomb in a place like Penn Station with such a mass amount if people gathered underground. Scary stuff...

I've got to cut this short but wanted to close out by paying tribute to the passing of a Detroit icon Earnie Harwell. I grew up listening to Earnie broadcasting Tiger games on the radio. He was 92 and one of a kind.

So long Earnie :(


Earnie Harwell at Tiger Stadium

2 comments:

Rob said...

Hope the news is good for you on your return to NYC. The Ernie Harwell memorial is on this morning at Comerica Park.......he will be sorely missed. Wish they had allowed him to call an inning or two when the Tigs were in the World Series a few years ago instead of cutting him off so quickly. A great man and a true friend of the D. Take care, Mano,

Rob and Fam

Veronica said...

18-holes of golf?? You really are feeling better :0)
Good times......let them continue xx