Friday, May 14, 2010

Hello from SoFlo!


"Toes in the Sand :)"

Just wanted to take a minute and say hello :) I've been back down in Florida for a few days now and life is good! The weather has been incredible and a lot of the snowbirds have flown north for the summer, yesssss!

I've really been enjoying going to the ocean everyday and swimming, it's my new thing. I start on the beach listening to my headphones (Pandora) then head out and swim against the waves or just float on my back letting the waves crash over me. I then go back closer to the beach and exercise by walking through the water fighting the currents... It's great exercise for me and so relaxing. The ocean has unbelievable healing properties :)

I have to say that I think my hands are all the way back now! Someone actually asked me to open a jar for them recently and I did it no problem, wow. My legs are doing a lot better too. I can now cover my eyes with the towel as I dry my hair after the shower without the risk of falling over. I was lacking the muscle cognition before and had absolutely no balance whatsoever. I can't run yet but hope that will come next. Speaking of hair, that's starting to grow back too :) Even though hair loss isn't listed as a side effect of SGN-35, I lost all of the hair on my legs and armpits (strange I know) as well as really thinned out a lot on the top of my head. Well, the new hair on top of my head isn't quite as noticeable but think it's getting a little thicker.

Most importantly, I'm really starting to feel like myself again and getting my confidence back. Can't tell you how embarrassing it was to try and get on a bus with my luggage and be falling all over the place. Not to mention, being in line at the drug/grocery store and not being able to pull my wallet out of my pants to pay for my items.

I don't know how long this will last but I'm trying to enjoy every second of it! I have a scan coming up May 31st and the doctor may tell me that I can no longer do this SAHA and have to switch to somethig toxic again. So, I try not to look to far into the future and just continue to live here in the moment.

I think I'm going to wind this up now as I was going to start talking about some things that are bothering me (i.e. the oil spill situation and some politics) but think it's best if deal with that perhaps next time.

Cheers!

Chris

5 comments:

ConundrumChum said...

Women would pay to have all the hair on their legs and armpits fall off.

Glad you are feeling so good keep it up!

Veronica said...

As I shiver and type, you have no idea how jealous I am of your gorgeous SoFlo weather!! ;0p
But so great to hear that things have improved so much...
And politics?? Don't get me started - have our change of Prime Minister made much news in the U.S? Scary days at this end.....
And BP have alot to answer for - hope you're not being too badly affected where you are......keep doing your thang, Chris.......Vx

Angie Nader said...

wow your legs look really tanned...i wish i could tan that color!
hope your scan goes well!

Donna said...

Sounds like my kind of day....toes in the sand...floating in the ocean! Relaxing and enjoyable. like you said....live in the moment! Take it one day at a time!! Life is good..Enjoy!!!
Glad your hands are back to normal and you are getting around better.
Send some warm weather up here in Boston!!!!
Have a great day! Donna

Loraine Ritchey said...

Enjoy and heal - you are right the ocean does have healing properties, emotionally and physically .....thinking of you Loraine