Friday, May 21, 2010

Steady as She Goes...


Enjoying a delicious piece of Pizza Rustica at my new favorite pull in lunch spot!

Well, I can't sleep tonight so I thought I'd blog myself to dreamland, ha! Actually, I really don't have a whole lot to write about except I'm still feeling better everyday and my quality of life is the best it's been in quite some time, yeehawww.

I'm riding my bike now to the beach for my ocean swims so that's a new element in my quest to get back in shape. I'm also playing golf here at the local course and my game is slightly improving. I've also picked up the guitar again and working on getting my calluses back (along with trying to remember some of the songs I could play, ha!)

Mentally, it's always easier to deal with my situation while I'm feeling healthy... That said, my spirits have been up and feel much more lighthearted these days :) I also had a long overdue chance to straighten out my place which had been neglected since the Guillain Barre Days... It was a two day project but I went through and did a white tornado on my crib and it's really nice to have everything back in place again! There's a lot of piece of mind to be gained from having an organized house if you know what I mean...

Clinically, I still have some pain in my retrocrural space in my back after a couple sips of beer but it's minor. It's a reminder that the cancer is still there but I think in small numbers hopefully. June 1st will clue me in as to how much disease is lingering as I have my next scan in New York. I'll be there from June 1 to the 4th, come back to Delray for the weekend then fly off to Seattle for 10 days! Looking forward to seeing Jackie and all my other friends out there. Should be fun!

So, until then, steady as she goes as Jack White says... I can't say how appreciative and blessed I am to be feeling almost back to normal and savor every second of it. Even right now as I effortlessly type these words on the screen simply by moving my fingers and feeling the keys, something I couldn't do a little over a month ago....

Thank you God, whoever you are!

4 comments:

Rob said...

Great to read that you're getting back to normal after such a struggle with G-B. Cool to hear you will be heading back to the Emerald City next month. Though it will probably not be as warm and sunny as your days at the beach these days, the opportunity to see Jackie and others will be awesome. Take care, and we are praying for good news from your next scan.

Rob, Christy, Nicole and Julia

Veronica said...

Sounds like things are going well, Chris.....x
A request from my 6 year old daughter..."What is on that pizza?" She thinks the greeny things are either pasta or celery??....Vx

Anastasia said...

You are awesome. Glad you are feeling good, friend! :)

aylin said...

Chris, thank God you are feeling better and recovered from GB. We were really worried about you. Are you coming back to MI for the summer? Did I read that right? I told Peter and he is anxious to golf with you - so let me know if you are interested. Talk soon, glad you are feeling well, we are always praying for you (every rosary I say, you are in the intentions). God Bless you, Chris.