Thursday, May 27, 2010

Touching Base

Hey, just wanted to pop in here and say hello :) I've been taking some time off from cancer over the last week or so, ha! Actually, I've been keeping myself pretty busy and doing a lot of resting in between. I'm having a blast enjoying my new found strength and functionality of my limbs/extremities ;)

It's my off week this week too from the pills which is great. Even though I don't have as many stomach issues, they do make me tired so this week is a blessing.

Hoping something fun comes up for the holiday weekend... Last Sunday I went out with some friends on my buddy Jay's boat at Peanut Island in West Palm Beach and it was a blast!


It's like a giant swimming pool here!


The water is a perfect temperature, you don't want to get out!


They even have a boat out here that delivers NY style pizza!

So, hoping we can get Jay to put the boat back in the water this Sunday ;)

This has been a pretty exciting day for me as I took a drive to Miramar earlier and picked up a very seasoned 89 BMW 325i convertible! I've been looking for one of these projects for a while and was able to land a 5 speed which is really tough to find. It only cost me $1200 bucks and will definitely need some TLC. I've always wanted a convertible and it just so happens 89 was the year I graduated high school, ha! How cool would it have been to have it back then, wow... Well, it's still pretty cool now plus it's going to be a good hobby for me to figure out how to work on it. It's all about the hobbies...


I guess you can consider this the "before" pic. Immediately, I need to replace the windshield and the rear window on the convertible top. The engine runs strong and growls like a tiger! Ideally, I wanted to find an old Mercedes convertible diesel and turn it into a bio diesel but they're so hard to find... When I lived in California, I met this guy who bought an old mountain bike from me who had one. He had it retrofitted to run on used vegetable oil from Chinese restaurants. The exhaust smelled like fried rice, ha! Oh well, this will have to do even though I hate continuing to contribute to companies that jeopardize our country like BP. Even though I'll never buy gas again from BP, I know all the other oil companies are just as bad and fossil fuels are so bad in so many different ways but I guess that's the way it is for now, mwah mwah mwah....

So, it'll be back to reality this upcoming Tuesday as I have my big PET/CT scan to see if the S&N is doing anything to my disease. Like I said before, I can still feel it in my back sometimes but it seems so much better... As usual though, to borrow from a friend, I will expect the worst and hope for the best :)

Shaka!

4 comments:

Uncle Tom & Auntie Linda said...

So cool Chris Glad your feeling better, send some more pics of the Beemer. Uncle Rob always talked to me about getting one.Hope you have a great Holiday weekend. And glad your feeling better. Take care Love Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda. Think im going to enjoy the pool and some Barbecue this weekend maybe a few Miller lights also.Weather is suppose to be great!!!

Gail said...

Hi Chris,
It's sooooo great to read that you are feeling well and enjoying beautiful SoFlo! Congratulations on the classic BMW. Looks like a fun ride :)
Enjoy the holiday weekend, My thoughts and prayers are with you on Tuesday.
Gail

Veronica said...

Loving the blue skies and the blue sea......and so glad to hear that you're having fun!
The car looks like a fab project, but I think I prefer the idea of a fried-rice smelling engine!! ;0)
Now, I've got everything crossed for your PET/CT......it's bloody uncomfortable so make sure and let me know the results as soon as you get them.........Vx

Angie Nader said...

that beach is amazing! the water is so clear