Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cricket Symphony

Just sitting out here on my deck with Chili enjoying a beautiful Michigan summer night. The crickets are insane out here! They really don't have them like this out West or even Florida it seems... There's also plenty of firefly's out here too and was laughing earlier as Chili chased after a couple.

I'll be enjoying my deck a little more now that I was able to snag a nice old gas grill from my neighbor who lives a few houses down... She was having a garage sale and sold it to me for 10 bucks, what a steal! The thing works great and even has the original tank which still has gas in it! Can't wait to do some grilling...

Last night was fun as I had a chance to go see Kid Rock at DTE (Pine Knob). I'm not really a huge fan but have to say he puts on a great show. People here in Michigan love the guy and I have a lot of respect for him for the love he gives his home town. The people watching was great! Kid Rock appeals to such a wide audience...

Looking forward to having a better week this week as prior to last night, it was a struggle pretty much all week. I think I'm in a better place now after getting myself back together from the threat of disease progression and some personal setbacks. Life can be such a roller coaster, jeez...

Thanks again for the support in reading this and to those of you who are kind enough to leave nice comments. I really appreciate it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
I read your refreshing blog regularly. I love your frankness, your openness and your honesty. My little sis Lyd (who is on the lymphoma board) has just had an auto SCT and has her first post-SCT scans next week. I love reading about where you live, the weather and what you get up to, as I'm in Australia and we're in the middle of winter!
I'm always hoping for good news, but know that is not always possible. However, your attitude is your greatest asset - the way you enjoy the small things in life and celebrate every day.
Take care,
Jacinta