Thursday, August 12, 2010

Don't panic...

Real quick, went to see Dr Ram yesterday. He inspected the lump under my arm and isn't so sure it's a lymph node. He sad because it's so close to thE surface of the skin, it could be a cyst, clogged sweat gland, or subcutaneous something or other. H didn't rule out progression of Hodgkins here as the disease does occasionally travel outside the lymph nodes (as with my para spinal disease) but did think this was unlikely.

So, the plan is to continue on this cycle of S@N and get scanned in a couple of weeks. New York is still on although it may be the last one if this stuff in my neck has gotten worse or the armpit lump is hot.

So, time to exhale and play a round of golf at a beautiful golf course here in Michigan called Pine Knob.

Thanks for the words if support :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Anyway you slice it....the roller coaster sucks. The freakin mind games can get unbearable. My son's scan was today after 8 cycles of sgn35. Still stable...but he's picked up an infection in his lungs. We are having his last two scans sent to his own doc at Sloan for his input & comparison. I'm beginning to question O'connors interpretations. Its all bullshit.

Jessie O said...

Hey Chris

When you posted that I remembered the time I was positive I had found a lump in my armpit and was told the same thing... clogged hair follicle! I didn't want to diminish your experience and still don't, but for sure, just a month later that puppy came to a head and it was gross but it wasn't cancer! Best wishes.

Loraine Ritchey said...

Karen my son was on SGN 35 ( Texas) ( sorry I don't know how to reach you other than through Chris . My sons scans came back clear after about the same cycles but then he too picked up an infection in his lungs , they put it down to H1N1 and treated him for that here in Cleveland but I remember the oncologist here saying he didn't think it was H1N1 - his lungs went like leather and he was losing owygen out of "holes in his lungs" anyway please please keep on top of this ..you can reach me at thatwb@yahoo.com and I can tell you the whole situation..
Chris if you could see that Karen gets this I would be grateful Loraine

Angie Nader said...

i'm so happy to hear this! now you can relax you mind a little. of course its easier said than done.