Friday, August 27, 2010

Reduction!?

Well, according to my team, pleasantly suprising, I have total disease reduction! The question mark in the title means I still have not seen the actual report and until I do, Im going to refrain from getting too excited. I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer here, it's just that I want to make sure I have all the information. The last couple of times I've been scanned, they never told me about the new activity in my neck. The trial coordinator Sean verbally mentioned to me that the nodes that were lighting up previously had gotten slightly smaller and are showing uptake in the 3's instead of 7.

So, the unofficial word is I have a total disease reduction (the total mass of my tumors) of 32% since I started the trial in April! If the actual report comes back and there aren't any other hot spots that weren't mentioned in the discussion this is pretty encouraging news! Dr. O'Connor mentioned that I'm a hair (actually a couple of milimeters) away from partial remission, wow... I have't heard the word remission in a long time... So you know, a partial remission means my total disease (I have 4 spots that are considered large enough to be considered disease) would have reduced by 50%. So, perhaps by the next scan I can get there...

Anyway, again, don't want to get overly excited but it's nice to hear some decent news for a change.

Accordingly, I went out and tore it up with some friends last night in the West Village. Went to this awesome authentic Italian restaurant called Gaetana's where I ate probably the best shrimp scampi I've ever had... After that, went to this really cool place called Casa La Femme. It was crazy, they actually bring in fresh sod every week to put down on the floor. So, even though you're inside, you feel like your outside ;)

So, time to wrap this up. Need to get ready for a long day of traveling as I need to go catch the airport bus and have to deal with a connecting flight in Myrtle Beach. I'll be getting home late tonight.

It'll be much nicer though now that I can exhale (hopefully) a little bit.

Cheers!

Chris

No comments: