Saturday, January 31, 2009

Almost Moved In

Getting ready for bed after an epic day of moving. Every muscle in my body is sore but it's a good sore. I'm also unbelievably exhausted but it's an awesome exhausted. Neither problems are from mass amounts of chemo or radiation but activity/productivity I managed to undertake (with help from my buddy Roger and Jackie). So, most of my stuff is crammed into my 10x10 storage facility. I need to go there tomorrow and during the week and re-configure my packing as I'm wasting a lot of space I think not to mention not giving myself any access to any of my stuff. By the way, what an easy business to start and maintain, a storage facility! I mean, all you have to do is build it, have a couple people work the counter to sigh up new clients and off you go. They must have 1000 storage units or more at this place at over $100 a month on avereage. Not too bad. Almost as good as someone dear to me's dream of owning a parking lot ;) Very low maintenance, the way she likes it. Just sit there and collect the money right?! I surround myself with some true entrepreneurs.... :-)

Anyway, I should be making my final pick up and drop off tomorrow and it couldn't come soon enough. I've been doing this for the last 2 plus weeks. I can attribute my moving with me getting my strength back. I can definately tell the difference in my strength. Good thing my buddy Roger used to work for a moving company for a living and actually carries things back and forth on his route so he carried us both. I'll get you back Roger, no worries.

So, this starts a new chapter for Jackie and I as we're living together for the first time in 5 years or so. I've hired my dog Chili as the moderator just in case things get a little hairy as this place is pretty small!

Time to cut this short so I can get ready to crash. I've caught a case of the hiccups that won't go away. Nothing like chemo hiccups thank God. Maybe I can sleep them off.

Good night all...

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Here's to a lovely new chapter, Chris - good luck to you, Jackie and Chilli.........small=cosy, sounds good :0)...........Vx

Heather said...

yay for brighter days! and i agree with veronica...smally and cozy can be really nice!