Monday, April 27, 2009

Almost Ready to Spread My Wings!



Well, I'm almost all packed up and just about ready to leave on my trip! I think I need one more day to tie up loose ends and look to get on the road Tuesday morning. It's kinda hard to pack for a trip that you're not sure how long it'll last. I think I might be bringing too much then I think maybe not enough... Need to find that balance tomorrow and I will.

Happy to say I've had some relief from the chronic back aches I've been having! My P.A. prescribed me some anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxing meds after reviewing a lumbar series of x-rays taken last week. They didn't find anything suspicious and the informal diagnosis (as of righ now) is I'm suffering from Musculoskelital issues (which I need to research). Life is so much more enjoyable not having to twist, stretch, using the corner of a wall to massage my back muscles, etc. The only time I feel it is when I first wake up but it goes away once I straighten out from the fetal position I sleep in, ha ha, and lie on my back. I hope these meds buy me some time until the inflammation and tightening goes away naturally.

I also wanted to salute my Uncle Stan who is bravely going through treatment for Prostate Cancer and unfortunately the disease took a turn for the worse and it looks like he's having his last moments here on earth. He's an incredible man who fought in the Battle of the Bulge in World War II and raised three children while being a loving husband. He is one of the classiest people I've ever met and felt honored to know him. Hope to see you in Heaven Uncle Stan!!

Finally, I just wanted to send some prayers out to a couple of fellow Hodge Warriors who are really having a hard time right now. First, Jessica Wentz (you can read her story) @ www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessicawentz and also James Parr http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamesparr . Both really need our prayers and if possible, encouraging comments on their caring bridge sites. Thanks!

Next time you hear from me, I'll be camping in woods somewhere!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Enjoy the trip - don't forget your camera and we'll enjoy the pics afterwards ;0)

Vx

Kirsten (not Kristen) said...

Hit the road, Chris, and have a fab time spreading your wings!

:)Kirsten

p.s. Thoughts with your uncle too.