Monday, April 6, 2009

Springtime, Bring It!


(Pic taken yesterday walking Chili -- canopy of cherry blossoms!)

Everything's blooming in Seattle! There is a reward for the endless drizzle that last week or so... It was so nice today, I think it got up over 70. Time to dust off the golf clubs and play a round. Golf is so cheap this time of year! There's a great municipal course in West Seattle with some great views of the Seattle skyline on the back 9. It's also an incredible workout to walk 18 as there's some serious undulations (sp?) out there!!

Went to St. James today for Palm Sunday and it was really nice. To hear about the last moments of Christ is always fascinating, uplifting and inspirational (ever since I've been a little kid). You kinda think to yourself, if He could go through all of that I can go through anything. The pain and anxiety I occasionally deal with is nothing in comparison...

By the way, have to give a shout out to my Tigers! Opening day tomorrow! Hoping our starting pitching and bullpen come together this year... It's going to be fun to watch the two phenoms that made the team, Ryan Perry and Rick Porcello. From what I've been reading, both are the real deal and should help out a lot. I think our D is going to be so much better this year if everyone stays healthy. Could be an interesting year! I'm stoked that I'll still be in town when the Tig's come to Seattle the weekend of April 18th. I'm going to have to get to a couple of games.

By the way, even though I'm a Wolverine, gotta say go Sparty!

3 comments:

B. said...

Ugh. I am SO JEALOUS of your Spring. Boston is not there yet... we're close. But, so not there.

Hope opening day, brings you as many smiles, as it does to me.

Whooooop (go sox!) :)

Sending you love,

Bekah

Kirsten (not Kristen) said...

Hey Chris,

Just catching up on your blog...I can certainly relate to all the highs, lows, worries, frustrations AND good times one goes through in this situation.

Energy/exercise is both a source of satisfaction and frustration for me. I just need to stay off of hills as when I get short of breath, I get hostile! One step at a time, I know.

I'm taking a break from the board for a while, but just wanted to say that we're still cheering you on here in Vancouver. Enjoy the sunshine and I'll be sure to stop by regularly.

Take good care,
Kirsten (and Ian)

Veronica said...

What a beautiful picture - we have a blossom tree right across the road from us and we are waiting, patiently, for some action from it - but nothing yet!! We're just back from a few days in North of Scotland and have just left behind fresh snowfall in the hills :0) Such is Spring in Scotland!.......Enjoy your golf and baseball!.........Vx