Thursday, April 30, 2009

Road Trip Day 3!









Hey Everyone, I'm back from the wilderness to the big city, San Francisco! I've decided to make a stop here to reconnect with the world ;) Chili and I are having an amazing time!! I've been driving down the Southern Oregon/Northern California Coast and it's truly breathtakingly beautiful :-D I camped the first night right on the Smith River (Smith River NRA) and it was a little chilly but not too bad. Woke up the next day and went to check out the giant Redwoods! I still can't get over how massive they are, and how old! We're talking thousands of years... There's a really peaceful feeling that overwhelms you as you walk through these ancient forests... I'm so totally relaxed! I really haven't thought about cancer all that much on this trip which is a major accomplishment! After the Redwoods, it was just breathtaking views of the Northern California Coast... Pulled over to observe a wild herd of Elk feeding in a marsh (while soaking up some sun). Pulled out my guitar to strum for a while, so nice... I made it down to wine country (Napa Valley) and found a State Park to camp last night. I feel so blessed to be able to take this trip.

So from here I think I'll check out San Fran a little (it always seems like when I come here it's so short...). I'm heading down to Long Beach tonight to catch up with my Buddy Mike and I think we're going to play some golf tomorrow!

I also wanted to send out prayers for a fellow Hodge Warrior who isn't doing so well right now. Her name is Jessica Wentz and apparently Hospice has been called in and they're trying to make her as comfortable as possible. It's really heartbreaking as she has two little ones and a husband who's going to have to explain why Mom is going away...

P.S. My Uncle Stan is still hanging in there, he's not quite ready to go yet... Pulling for you Uncle Stan!!

Cancer Sucks...

More on the trip as it unravels:

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

Your eyes look so blue by the water! Those are two friendly looking cops I have to say. =)

Veronica said...

Good to see you're having fun on your long awaited trip - enjoy every millisecond :0)

Veronica said...

Good to see you're having fun on your long awaited trip - enjoy every millisecond :0)