Monday, October 5, 2009

Karmanos (sounds like car+man+noce) today

So I went in to see the keystone cops at Karmanos today. I was hoping to be enlightened as to why my muscles and joints are constantly aching (yeah, the glucosamine was a fluke). Unfortunately, I walked out of there probably a little less intelligent than before I walked in. I was told I might have Grade 2 Myalgia but they (Dr. KGB and Dr. Ram) weren't for sure. No new pain meds, no new treatment recommendations (i.e. accupuncture, accupressure/massage) just more of what I'm taking now... Are these guys really getting paid for this? I'm not angry just a little dumbfounded. I hate to say this but I learn more about my disease and remedies through my Lymphoma forum and the internet, crazy...

Anyway, life goes on of course. I'll be getting an infusion (round 4) this Thursday. I just have to hope this pain doesn't get any worse and the SGN-35 continues to hold my disease stable or better yet, starts wiping it out. I just have to get used to this new pain and power through it. I've been through much much worse when I had a mouth full of lesions and skin melting off my body (the rash) in places you don't want to have skin melting off. I couldn't walk, talk or eat for two weeks so this ain't nothing, sheeeiit! Just a little discomfort that can be overcome (as you can see, I'm trying to psyche myself up!).

By the way, I love the line in the Soundgarden tune on my player rt. now, "I'm looking California... and feeling Minnesota! Oh yeah...

Counting down the days till my trip! The pieces are starting to come together. My bud Mike and I will be tooling around Oahu in a topless Jeef Wranger :) Still working on the lodging though... Also, Mike just scored a new apartment in Sunset Beach L.A. that's right across the street from the beach. I'll have a chance to get back out in the water to brush up on my weak surfing skills, ha! Probably best to take my lumps in Sunset as I think it's a whole different ballgame surfing in Hawaii. Waikiki beach is supposed to have some gentle surf so I'll start there and if feeling confident may try and find some mellow areas on the North Shore. Mike's got a buddy (Ben) that lives in Oahu and he's prettty dialed in to the surf scene so that should help. Ben also plays some nice acoustic guitar and know's all of Jack Johnson's (JJ's from Hawaii) stuff so that should be pretty nice to listen to after surfing - around a fire on the beach.

Looking forward to doing nothing tonight except watching a classic NFL matchup on M.N.F. - Green Bay at Minnesota. It'd be better if it was outdoors at Lambeau Field but whatever. Rooting for my Tigers to beat the Twins Tuesday night to win the division. Go Tigers!

Anyway, I've just realized I'm rambling and need to wrap this up, thanks for reading!

Later-

No comments: