Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sad Day...

Edited:

Just lit a candle in memory of my friend Adrienne who passed away this morning peacefully with her family at her side. She was 21 years young...

It seems like yesterday that I had a chance to meet her and Mom Alison down in Southbeach Miami. She was such a positive, strong willed, confident young woman despite all the struggles she'd been through fighting Hodgkins for her entire adult life.

She taught me that you can plan cancer around your life not your life around cancer. She taught me that just because you have refractory cancer, you don't have to be stigmatized by it...

We as cancer survivors are no different than anyone else... We just have to struggle a little more than most and by doing so, the rewards are so much sweeter...

In honor of her, I plan to continue to live my life with zest and as normally as I can -- and in her Mom Alison's honor, I plan to continue to help fellow survivors the best that I can.

Here's a link to copy and paste of some photo's posted by her father. http://adrienne.eazyclick.com/

Rest in Peace Adrienne :)

No comments: