Thursday, October 29, 2009

Moving Forward!

So, as I mentioned, I'm back from my two week trip. It was awesome! Southern California was great as always. Had a chance to catch up with some friends, play golf twice, see some great live music, hang out on the beach and do some exploring. Hawaii was out of this world! What a beautiful place... Stayed on the island of Oahu the entire time and it was non-stop action! Got a chance to surf three times in Waikiki and managed to get up a few times! In fact, I had the longest ride of my life of about 10 seconds which for me is huge :). The beaches there are incredible. Went snorkeling a few times and two out of the three had a chance to swim with giant sea turtles! That was probably my favorite thing, those turtles are so cool. Also had a chance to hang out with my cousin Jeff who just moved there from Michigan and teaches 8th graders at a charter school. I'm really proud of him as the job he's doing isn't easy and he's putting in some serious hours to try and make a difference in these kids. He stays at a great place with a nice patio where we played darts and listened to music. His buddies have a place on the beach and we went there one night for a party and had a blast. We also did some cool stuff up at the North Shore visiting Sharks Cove and a couple other great beaches which the names I can't remember. The best meal I had was actually from a roadside grill trailor where I had a fresh grilled mahi mahi bowl, yum! It had fresh grilled fish over brown rice with pico de gallo, sour cream and avacado. Funny, with all the fancy restaurants in Waikiki that my best meal would come from a roadside grill trailor, ha! Anyway, loved the North Shore and little town of Haleiwa (sp?). We also saw a great reggae band up there on night called Dub Conscious.

All in all it was a fantastic trip! I wish I could walk out to the beach right now and take a swim in that warm clear water! I'll settle for Florida however and will be making plans to move down there soon...

As for my other stuff (yeah, gotta talk about the stupid cancer stuff) things are looking ok. I just had a PET/CT scan and the nurse just came in and told me that they're going to mix up the SGN35 for infusion! This means that my disease is stable or better. I'll find out exactly where it's at a little later and will mention that in my next post. I'm just grateful I can continue on the trial and will keep the faith that the disease will be kept at bay.

So, that's pretty much it for now. Thought I'd post some shots from the trip. Mahalo!


Getting ready to hack away at Torrey Pines in La Jolla ;)


"Hangin Loose" with Mike at Waikiki beach. The surf was really small on this day


Beautiful sunset at North Shore "Pipeline"


Getting ready to order a delish fish bowl at the grill trailor at North Shore


Mike and I at Hanauma (sp?) Bay, awesome snorkeling with the sea turtles!


Hanauma Bay!



Hanging out at Sharks Cove with my cousin Jeff, his roomates Lindsey, Amanda, Marie and buddy Mike


Jeff and I at the top of his secret hike in Wainaie


This was the view below!!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

Chris - it's so fantastic seeing you looking so happy and relaxed in these photos. So glad you had such a great time....when's the next trip???! ;0)
And wow! Those photos are just beautiful - what blue, blue skies - never see those over here!! :0P
Glad your next round of SGN is going to start soon - here's for the news to be even better than hoped for.............Vx

Gail said...

wow! It's all good!! Great photos, great vacation and great news at Karmanos. So happy for you :)

Anastasia said...

Yeah! Thanx for posting the fun Hawaii pictures!! It looks like u had a great time :) :) Wonderful!

laulausmamma said...

Hi Chris - thanks for sharing the pics and your Hawaii adventures....so glad you had a GREAT vacation. Such good news about your latest scans and being able to continue on the SGN trial...hoping the good news keeps coming for you.

((HUGS))
Susan (laulausmamma)

Rob said...

Chris - Great to have you back, but sure you miss the warmth, surf and sea turtles. Looks like you hooked it up just right. More importantly, the Karmanos news is really encouraging. Let us know when you are heading to Florida so we can get together before you head out. Christy missed seeing you the last time since she was in AZ on business, so she is looking forward to seeing you also. Hope you had a great Halloween, the goblins definitely made their presence known around the Hollywood Homefront.
Rob